Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What time is it?

As we get closer and closer to Christmas, I'm drawn to a few things, and most of the, in some way or another, seem to revolve around time. At least in my mind. First and foremost is how fast time flies! It seems like only last week we found out we were expecting a baby. Then only a few days ago we talked about names. Then yesterday we saw the ultrasound. Well, ok. You get the picture. But for dads we don't get to know the baby until he or she comes out; moms get to get started right away. For Meagan, time is moving like molasses in winter. When it's 10 degrees out. For me, time is flying. I don't know why, but it feels like we're cranking right along. Now is that because I'm excited to meet the baby? Yes. Do I wonder what sort of parent I'll be? Yes. Do I wonder if my child will like me? Yes. All of the above for the first time dad, and then some. So a final glance at the clock and ask myself "What time is it?"... Baby time will be here before you know it!

1 comment:

  1. If you ever need to know the time, just ask Big Ben. I'll hook you up.

    ReplyDelete